Thursday, December 16, 2010

a second listen: Ken P. D. Snyde-Cast #36: The Snydes

Ken P. D. Snyde-Cast #36: The Snydes is a raucous party in podcast form.
Just after the introductions Dana and Ken have this exchange:


Dana: Isn't our ten listeners listening to this proud of us at the frequency and sheer number that we have pumped out over the last two weeks?
Ken: Yes.
Dana: This has been a bi-weekly event at this point.
Ken: Well close… sort of.
Dana: Well for at least two weeks.
Ken: Yes, the very minimum definition of bi-weekly.
Dana: Oh no. Wait! What's the one I mean? I mean two a week.
Ken: No, we haven't put out two a week yet.
Dana: Yeah well we've got four now, this is the forth. So there will be two a week. We'll get crankin' on this. We'll give them too much.
Ken: Yes, they'll demand less.
Dana: That's what I learned. Always leave the audience wanting less. That insures that you will stay in their minds forever.
Ken: Yes, just like any good burlesque comedian.
Dana: That’s right.
Ken: Make sure you overstay your welcome.
Dana: Sublety is for homosexuals and poets.
Ken: I can't believe you just said that.
Dana: Usually the same thing!
Ken: Oh my! Who are you? Where's Dana? Folks, I think theres been an imposter that's broken into the studio.
Dana: There's something bad going on.
Ken: Because dana would never have said something like that, being a poet homosexual himself.
Dana: Yeah, that’s right. I'm a homosexual poet, in that I only write poetry- I myself am not homosexual- yet I only write poetry about homosexuals .
Ken: That's exactly what he tells his wife.

The conversation then spins off into Dame Edna, Dom Deluise, the Muppet Show, Dana's murder in the year 2017, the 3 sizes of snyde shirts (Doc Hammer, Snyde and Plumey), Livin' Large (the Snydecast dream sitcom) and the ineptness of Gargamel.


Ken P. D. Snyde-Cast #36: The Snydes is definitely worth another play on your iTunes.

No comments: