Monday, January 31, 2011

Cheesy Bacon Oatmeal

On KEN P.D. SNYDECAST #169: Birthday-in-a-Biskit Dana speaks of a desire to eat bacon oatmeal.
He then mentions finding this
this site and the following recipe:


Cheesy Bacon Oatmeal


Ingredients
1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats
1/2 cup skim milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
1/2 cup water
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
pinch of garlic powder
1 slice of reduced-fat bacon, chopped (save a few pieces for garnish)
1 oz reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
Directions
In a medium size pan, heat the oats, milk, water, and salt over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to simmer, approximately 5-6 minutes, stir in the chopped bacon, pepper, and garlic powder. Continue to stir until the mixture thickens, about 3-4 more minutes.

Then add the cheddar and give it a few more stirs to incorporate. You don’t want to stir too much because the mixture begins to get pretty sticky.

Pour into a serving bowl and top with bacon garnish.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They should have bacon-flavored everything.

Guy Hutchinson said...

When I was a kid I saw a man wearing a tshirt with a cartoon of 2 pigs doin' it. The caption read "makin' bacon" I remembered it so when I was older I would get the joke.

I am still waiting.

Anyway, I am going to put some bacon bits in my oatmeal today.