KEN P.D. SNYDECAST #10: Fortune Cookies ends with Ken opening some fortune cookies (that he got free with a Charlie Chan DVD set) and Dana saying "in bed" after Ken read each fortune.
First, lets dispense with the boring stuff...
A fortune cookie is a crisp cookie usually made from flour, sugar, vanilla, and oil with a "fortune" wrapped inside. A "fortune" is a piece of paper with words of faux wisdom or a vague prophecy. The message inside may also include a Chinese phrase with translation or a list of lucky numbers used by some as lottery numbers, some of which have become actual winner numbers.
Fortune cookies are often served as a dessert in Chinese restaurants in the United States and some other countries, but are absent in China. The exact provenance of fortune cookies is unclear, though various immigrant groups in California claim to have popularized them in the early 20th century, basing their recipe on a traditional Japanese cracker.
There is a common joke involving fortune cookies that involves appending "between the sheets" or "in bed" to the end of the fortune, usually creating a sexual innuendo or other bizarre messages (e.g., "Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall [in bed]").
This blog was all about Fortune Cookies In Bed, but it was only updated a few times and seems to be abandoned.
There is a better list over on this blog. Take a look:
1. “The stars appear every night.” … in bed.
2. “Consider gain and loss, but never be greedy.” … in bed.
3. “This is a good time to consider formally helping others.” … in bed.
4. “You’ll have all sorts of chances to make a happy encounter.” … in bed.
5. “You can depend on the trust of the collective.” … in bed.
6. “Happier days are definitely ahead for you, struggle has ended.” … in bed.
7. “Rely on your own good judgement to lead you to success.” … in bed.
8. “Sincerity is the finest point of communication.” … in bed.
9. “Set high goals.” … in bed.
10. “Take the initiative and others will support you.” … in bed.
11. “The last thing you need sharpened is your tongue.” … in bed.
12. “Aspire to be great, then give everything you have.” … in bed.
13. “Grasp the opportunities that are coming your way.” … in bed.